Curtin University
Curtin remembers
  • Home
  • Project Details

Vale Melat Habtemariam

Melat Habtemariam worked at Curtin for 11 years. She began her career in Engineering, and then went onto work in the Department of Physics, Astronomy and Medical Radiation Science within the School of Science.  She was a much loved and respected member of staff who will be hugely missed by all who worked with her.

If you would like to leave a message or memory of Melat please do so below.

1. Igor Bray May 2, 2017 4:29pm

I will miss her “How can I help you dear?” every day.

2. Zhonghua Sun May 2, 2017 4:33pm

Melat was a great colleague and friend to all of us including many students. She has been a great asset to our department. She will be sorely missed by everyone here.

3. Araya Abera May 2, 2017 4:38pm

I wish your family and close relatives that have been with you during your struggle a much-needed peace and comfort during this sad time.

My deepest condolences to the family.

Araya Abera

4. Wahidul Biswas May 2, 2017 4:58pm

Melat was really a very helpful colleague and I cant forget the admin support that she had provided me. I cant believe that she had left us so early. My God bless the departed soul.

5. Rupa Vuthaluru May 2, 2017 5:06pm

I miss seeing her friendly face when I walk into the office.
      Always assured things are sorted straight away and always encouraged to see the positive side of life. Miss her deeply.

6. Elaine Miller May 2, 2017 6:08pm

Melat was one of the kindest, gentlest people I have ever known. She was so obviously full of love that it couldn’t help but bubble over into others’ lives. I’m sure little pieces of that love will live on in all of us who were touched by her warmth and, in that way, she will always be remembered. I hope it is some comfort to her family to know how much she meant to all of her colleagues.

7. Cat Kealley May 2, 2017 8:32pm

Oh Melat, I miss your smile. You were always so calm, supportive and positive. You had a heart of gold and were such a caring friend.

My deepest condolences to the family – Melat was such a special person!!

8. Jan McKay May 3, 2017 11:08am

Melat was one of a kind who brought not only care, consideration and a strong sense of responsibility to her work, she also managed that with a warmth and consideration which indicated that she saw and cared about and for us as individuals. Everyone was treated the same whether a member of the professional or academic staff or a student. She loved us all!

A special person has left us, but she is imbedded in our hearts. We will all miss her warm smiles and beautiful eyes, and with all that – her sense of fun!

9. Nancy Antoine May 3, 2017 1:18pm

Melat was indeed one-of-a-kind individual. Despite her long illness, she never showed any pain and remained positive and happy throughout. She always had a beautiful smile and was always willing to help others. She had a heart of gold and was only ever concerned about others rather than herself. She loved her family, friends and life in general. Rest in peace dear friend!
      I will hold the fond memories close to my heart.

10. Sumedha Rajakaruna May 3, 2017 1:21pm

Thanks Melat for the warmth and kindness with which you dealt all of us. It was such a privilege to work with you. Your smile will never go away from my memory.

11. Sarah Baker May 3, 2017 2:22pm

“As Melat’s Team Leader at DIAP, I couldn’t have asked for a more hard-working, competent, reliable, kind and generous team member. Melat always went above and beyond. Nothing was too much trouble for her. Her positivity and cheeky smile lit up the office. Her laughter was contagious and she was extremely witty. I loved working with her and I know that many of my old Curtin colleagues would agree that she was one of a kind. Rest in peace Melat”. Tanya Jones

12. Ming Lim May 3, 2017 3:06pm

Melat, you were like a mother to us all, making sure we were well looked after, and keeping us in line if we were naughty!

You’ll be sorely missed.

13. Laura Connor May 5, 2017 12:31pm

Melat – I can’t believe you are gone. I still think of you sitting at the desk with your beautiful smile and your cheeky, sparkling eyes. Your memory will always be in our hearts and you won’t be forgotten. You touched everyone with your kindness and generosity and that is a truly special gift. We will miss you!

Heartfelt condolences to the family.

14. Louise Deshon May 5, 2017 1:41pm

Melat you were one of the most courageous people I have known, you had an ability to overlook boundaries and make everybody feel at ease with your kindness. How thankful I am to have called you my friend and to have crossed paths with you.

15. Moses Tade May 12, 2017 12:02pm

Melat your smile will shine on many of us forever. You were such a beautiful person and many of us will cherish the memories of you despite the big void! Rest in perfect peace.

16. Lemlem Selomon May 19, 2017 12:01pm

Melat was a beautiful person and best friend and I can’t believe that you are gone to soon.
      I will never forget your kindness and your great support. May God give you eternal rest your soul and the family the strength to bear the great pain.
      May our Lord bless and comfort the family during this time of grief. My sincere condolences to the family.