A decision has been made to remove the template page within OLAS from the ‘create a new unit’ process.
The rationale for this decision are the repeat technical issues caused by the use of the OLAS template including;
- Inability to customise what gets copied from the template
- Enrolments are repeatedly copied across
- Turnitin Assignments are being copied and recycled causing a number of integration issues between Blackboard and Turnitn
The alternative to using the template function in OLAS is to use the Blackboard “Course Copy” function.
- In OLAS create a new unit using the “Create New Unit” function. (Full instructions on web page: http://ctl.curtin.edu.au/teaching_learning_services/olas/olas_teachingUnit.cfm)
- You will receive an email from Blackboard when the Unit is listed.
- Make a note of the new ID code that you have created. (E.G. COMS1007-DVCEducation-32336752).
- In Blackboard, go to the unit FROM which you want to copy the content (E.G. COMS1007-DVCEducation-32336752).
- Go to the Control Panel >> Packages and Utilities >> Course Copy.
- Select the option:
- Copy Course Materials into an Existing Course
- In the Destination Course ID box, type the course ID for the new unit that you previously created.
- Select the course materials that you want to copy over to the new unit.
A course copy operation cannot be completed if you do not select at least one of the following areas: Content, Contacts, or Settings. If you do not select one of these options, a warning appears and Blackboard Learn cannot create a new course.
- In the File Attachments section, select the option :
- Copy links and copies of the content: This will make copies of linked files, but ONLY those files that are linked. Files within the course’s home folder that are not linked to any content within the course are not included in the copy.
You need manage permission on an item to include copies of those files. If you do not have this permission, you may be missing some files after the copy.
- Click Submit.
If you have any issues with the new Course Copy functionality please contact LTS using the webform