An alternative to using the Advanced Group Management (AGM) tool is to use the Blackboard Group Tools. (more…)
Create Your Banner
- Open PowerPoint
- Go to page setup area
Design Tab > Page Setup
- Under the Slides sized for enter the following:
Width: 30 cm.
Height: 7.62 cm.
- Design your banner with tools available in PowerPoint — background colors, slide designs, text, images, clip art, word art, etc.
Saving Your Banner
1. Save your file.
File >Save As > Other Formats.
2. Choose the location where you would like to save your file.
3. Name the file. Remember that spaces in Blackboard file names is not recommended!
4. In the Save as type dropdown list choose GIF or JPEG.
Uploading Your Banner
1. Go to the Control Panel of the course you wish to add the course banner.
2. Under Customization, click on Teaching Style.
3. Scroll down to item 6. Select Banner.
4. Click the Browse My Computer button, select your file, and click Open.
5. Click Submit to add the banner to your course.
6. To view your banner, go the front of your course. You may need to refresh your browser and your clear your history for the image to appear.
To upload your photo to Blackboard so that your photo appears in the blogs, wikis and discussion board postings please follow these Quick Steps:
- Go into Blackboard
- Click the small down arrow to the right of your name in the top right of the screen
- At the bottom of the drop down menu select “Settings”
- Select “Personal Information”
- Select “Personalize My Settings”
- Use section 1. To upload a profile picture
An alternative method of inserting a YouTube video into Blackboard content
Rather than use the YouTube mashup tool to insert a video here are the Quick Steps for an alternative method: